Facebook: Convert a Personal Profile Page to a Business Page
If you are like most photographers, you started using Facebook as a personal profile, instead of a business page. The advantages of using Facebook as a business are:
1. You can have an unlimited number of friends
2. You can create Facebook ads
3. You don’t have to manually accept new friends/clients
If you been wanting to create a business page, but were frustrated because you weren’t able to bring all your friends and clients along with you automatically, now you can.
Facebook has made it easy to convert your personal account to a business page, just click here to get started.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind though. First, all your friends will be added as people who like your page, and your Profile picture will be transferred but no other data will. This means any other pictures or content you have will need to be downloaded:
- By default, only your profile photo transfers, no other profile photos profile information is moved over.
- Any uploaded photos, wall posts, comments or likes are removed.
- Facebook messages are removed
- Any applications linked to a Facebook account lose that connection
You can easily download your information by clicking on the Account drop down menu on your Facebook Profile and then clicking on “Learn More”, then Download Your Information. Once you’ve converted to a business page, you can re-post your photos and links.
Ready to jump in now? Click here!
Tags: facebookpermalink |