Use Pinterest to Build Your Business
Have you joined Pinterest yet? Pinterest is the fastest growing social media platform today. Why should you care?
• The amount of click-throughs from Pinterest are greater than YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+ combined.
• The majority of Pinterest users are women ages 25-44, the target market for many kinds of professional photography.
So let’s say you’ve signed up for a Pinterest account. Here are a couple of ways you can use Pinterest to market your business.
1. Pin your best work. The goal is to put only your very best images in front of potential clients. Make some small (no more than 600 pixels wide) copies of your images with a watermark and separate them by type of photography: brides, children, seniors, etc. Click “Add”, then upload the image, then edit each image to include a link to your website page dedicated to that type of photography. For example, if you upload a photo of a bride, make sure it is linked to the page on your website specifically for brides.
2. Encourage website visitors to pin your images. Go to the Pinterest Goodies page and follow the instructions to create a “Pin It” button for your website. Put it on any pages where you have sample images, including blog posts. Each time they pin on of your images (or their friends repin it) it will link back to your page. It is like having strangers marketing for you 24/7.
3. Link Your Pinterest account to your Facebook Account. Let your clients know you use Pinterest. You’ll be amazed at how many of them do too.
4. Seek out other photographers for ideas. Many professional artists keep a hidden scrap book of images from magazines or snapshots as inspiration to help them when they cannot think of a new idea. You can do the same with Pinterest. Start by creating a private pin board only you can view. From the main Pinterest page, click “everything” then click “photography”. Browse through the images. If you see something you like, add it to your private board.
Are you already using Pinterest? Is it helping your business? Please share your thoughts below.