Avast Anti-Virus Error in JDLab2You and Pick-a-Pack
A recent lab software update changed the way JDLab2You and Pick-a-Pack uploads orders over the Internet. After a few “tweaks” to the system, orders are now able to upload to the lab even faster than before.
However, these changes caused upload problems for photographers who use Avast Free Antivirus and Avast Internet Security. If you use either of these programs, please follow the instructions below to fix the conflict between the Avast products and JDLab2You.
Be sure your Avast programs are up to date. Get the latest versions here.
If you use either Avast program:
1. Start Avast Free Antivirus by right-clicking on your avast icon in your system tray and choose “Open avast! user interface”
2. Click on “REAL-TIME SHIELDS”, then click on “Web Shield”, click on “Expert Settings” and click on “Exclusions”
3. Check the box labeled “Processes to exclude:”
4. Click “browse” and find the path to the file “javaw.exe” This is the ROES engine that must be excluded from Virus scans.
• If you are using Java 7, this will be the path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
• If you are using Java 6, this will be the path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe
• If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows your path may be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
5. Click “Add”, then click “OK” to apply your changes.
6. Close ROES and reopen it. Your orders should now upload as normal.
If you have any problems with these instructions, call the lab at (888) 858-8084 Toll Free.